Tuesday, April 27, 2010

light at the end of the tunnel

I previously posted of how chemistry had become much too difficult and a withdrawal from the class was in pursuit. However, as of recent events, that has changed. In speaking with the professor about my current situation, he refused to provide his signature until I spent one more day to contemplate my decision. I think I spent a good half an hour arguing my position but in the end my professor had won.

The first biology test of the quarter was returned to the students today. After lab, I proceeded to speak to my professor about my poorly done exam. He asked what happened. I hate giving excuses. Life will always be there to throw you lemons and you just have to make do with them. I explained how I was sick the week before the exam and fell behind in everything. I felt convinced that he was going to tell me to drop. To my surprise, he also told me to continue but to keep in touch with him.

Today I wanted to cry tears of joy. It seems like everyone else believes in me except myself. What happened? It is the end of the road and I am exhausted. But now I must prove to myself and my professors that I can do it! Half of the quarter is left!

When all seems lost, I always seem to find a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Praise God! Thank you to the professors who haven't lost hope in their students, even when they feel that there is nothing left to do. Thank you to my friends who continually support me as I struggle to complete the first year of many. You are the reasons why I persevere.

1 comment: